Abatec is working with one of the country’s largest civil engineering contractors to recruit an experienced Quantity Surveyor to assist in the delivery of a large heavy civil engineering and earthworks package on Hinkley Point C in Somerset. This role will be based on site and will be of a freelance nature. Abatec's client is looking to recruit for this position quickly so it is advisable to apply now if interested.
Abatec's client require someone who can manage complex sub contract packages of around £17-£20M.
Abatec's client can offer a highly competitive rate of pay as well as a long term and stable contract with visibility of work for up to 12 months!
If you are interested in putting your stamp on one of the world’s most high-profile projects, then please get in touch or apply now.
As Experienced Quantity Surveyor you will:
- Prepare weekly and monthly internal project reports including cash v cost, cost value reconciliations, budgets, forecasts and payments
- Manage the supply chain from enquiry to final account including performance reviews
- Identify, value and present any change items, e.g. variations, CEs, claims and EWNs
- Liaise with the client and ensure client commercial satisfaction
Our client is looking for someone who:
- Has a proven track record within the civil engineering/earthworks/highways industry
- Has a demonstrable track record in the successful delivery of multi-million-pound highways, civil engineering and/or earthworks schemes
- Can work and communicate with a team of professionals
- Holds a valid CSCS card and can operate standard MS computer software such as Word, Excel and Outlook
- Competitive rate of £375 per day- £450 per day (dependant on experience)
- The chance to be involved in one of the world's most prestigious projects
- A long-term opportunity spanning up to 12 months (subject to work load)
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Ben Knight. The reference for this vacancy is 128055.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment business on behalf of a client.