Freelance Quantity Surveyor required on a part-time basis by a regional Civil Engineering contractor. Our client has successfully secured long-term work on one of the UK’s biggest Civil Engineering schemes – Hinkley Point C. In addition to works at HPC, our client is also involved in other civil engineering and surfacing projects across Devon & Somerset. The ideal candidate will have experience of both pre and post contract duties, with a thorough knowledge of Civil Engineering.
As Quantity Surveyor you will:
- Prepare weekly and monthly internal project reports including cash v cost, cost value reconciliations, budgets, forecasts and payments.
- Identify, value and present any change items, e.g. variations, CEs, claims and EWNs.
- Liaise with the client and ensure client commercial satisfaction.
Our client requires a Quantity Surveyor with:
- A proven track record working for Civil Engineering contractors.
- A willingness to commit to 2-3 days per week (1 day being based on site at Hinkley Point C).
- A demonstrable track record in the successful delivery of highways and infrastructure schemes.
- A degree or similar in Quantity Surveying.
- A valid CSCS card.
- £280 /£330 per day LTD
- Ongoing contract (possibly leading to a permanent position)
- Please be aware that our client does not pay travel or accommodation costs
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Kelly Evans on 01278 254425. The reference for this vacancy is 128701. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to email@example.com.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment business on behalf of a client.