Abatec are delighted to be working with an award-winning utilities contractor, who is looking to recruit an experienced Lead Scientist for Hinkley Point. This will be on a 10-year framework you will act as subject matter expert for the treatment and provision of the potable water supply, sewerage network, water management zones and environmental sampling at Hinkley and on associated sites.
As lead Scientist you will:
- Use your scientific expertise and process management knowledge to develop an innovative waste and treatment science strategy that will support our treatment manager in the correct delivery of treatment services and maintenance of treatment assets.
- Ensure 100% compliance with the relevant environmental and regulatory standards to avoid financial and reputational damage to our client.
- Review and revise processes such as chemical dosing and sampling to reduce risk and operational costs, while still improving efficiency.
- Develop reporting tools to provide accurate treatment quality data, in addition to helping ensure company targets for COSHH, health and safety, process audits and budgets are achieved.
- Develop a training programme to maintain our client’s team knowledge of new processes and procedures. You may also be required to provide scientific advice on incidents and emergencies if needed.
As a Lead Scientist you will need:
- Degree level scientific qualification or equivalent.
- Attained membership of a relevant professional body.
- Certification in COSHH, SSSTS or CSCS if possible
- Significant experience of waste and sewage treatment.
- Good knowledge of engineering, mechanical, electrical and telemetry principles and applications would be very useful.
Salary - £50,000 - £55,000
- Car package.
- Defined contribution pension scheme.
- 24 days holiday rising to 28 with length of service, and you can buy or sell leave after one year's service.
- Life insurance.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Cycle2Work scheme.
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Alex Young on 01278 254425. The reference for this vacancy is 128414. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to email@example.com.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client.