Abatec are currently seeking an Estimator to join a successful regional civil engineering contractor based in Somerset. Our client has a strong background in civil engineering, groundworks and surfacing giving the successful candidate the chance to work on a range of projects in and around the South West from £10,000 - £15 million in value including Hinkley Point.
The ideal candidate will have experience in estimates, valuations and tenders with a thorough knowledge of civil engineering.
As Estimator you will:
- Assist and produce tenders that are accurately priced, clearly detailed, competitive and returned within the required timescales
- Attend meetings with customers, subcontractors, senior management of the company and other team members
- Provide assistance and cover for the senior quantity surveyor
- Use drawings and specifications to produce competitive tenders
- Contribute to the maintenance of an accurate central database of rates
- Maintain good relationships with clients and professionals to promote further tender opportunities.
Our client requires an Estimator with:
- Valid CSCS Card
- Clean driving licence
- Proven and relevant experience in cost control
- Willingness to develop your skillset and industry knowledge
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Company Car/ Car Allowance
- Contributory Pension
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Laura Fineran on 01278 254425. The reference for this vacancy is 128429. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to email@example.com.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client.