Abatec are looking to recruit an experienced Logistics Manager for an international Tier 1 contractor on a permanent basis.
The logistics manager will be based on site at Avonmouth providing support and co-ordination for transport and materials stock for works associated with Hinkley Point, ensuring all administration procedures are followed, maximising stock turns and ensuring accurate stock management.
Key responsibilities for the Logistics Manager include :
- Manage site Logistics team and external suppliers (principally hauliers)
- Ensure all materials, consumables and plant leave the depot(s) with all the correct information having been administrated.
- Ensure Logistics attend regular meetings with operations to maximise communication with the internal customer to improve planning and collaboration.
- Manage costs in line with agreed budget. Making efficiency savings where ever possible.
- Manage, monitor & control staff in a fair and efficient manner following company guidelines and procedures.
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with Company Safety Rules, Health & Safety Legislation and Environmental Standards
- Responsible person for the storage facilities and associated plants ensuring environmental and safety compliance
- ensure plant levels are sustained at a satisfactory level within the Logistics depots (principally haulage and gantry cranes) ensuring all administration procedures and statutory checks are followed
- Manage a team Receiving and evaluating requests from site personnel for goods and services via telephone and email.
- Provide the contract with Management Information on the usage of the plant, stock levels etc.
Experience required for the Logistics Manager include :
- Logistics management experience in a large scale, heavy civils / construction environment
- Good understanding of Health & Safety and Quality Assurance
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Danny Wheeler on 01278 254425. The reference for this vacancy is 128005. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to email@example.com.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client.