Abatec have a fantastic opportunity for a Contracts Manager with experience of highways civil engineering on a permanent basis. Based from Bridgwater, this is a key appointment for our client, joining the senior management team to assist with their continued growth and development in the South West.
The Contracts Manager will be responsible for the efficient delivery of the physical works in relation to a variety of civil engineering projects including earthworks, foundations, drainage, surfacing and 278 works. Also responsible for overseeing procurement and control of all project resources (labour, plant and material) and the commercial control of changes requested and accepted by the client during project delivery.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities for the Contracts Manager :
- Identification and securing of key strategic civil engineering opportunities
- Provision of project margin performance using forecasting and identification of issues giving rise to commercial risk
- Maintain and report on Service Level Agreements and KPI’s – including figures for Sub-Contractors and Suppliers
- Serving as the point of contact for clients on operational delivery matters
- Act as a contractual ‘middleman’ between company employees and clients ensuring timely intervention and approval/reconciliation of variations
- As needed, provide guidance on contract matters to site managers or other operational staff
- Develop and implement procedures for contract management and administration in compliance with Company policy. As appropriate, contribute to or influence Company policies
- Understand where operational risk may impact the company and put in place measures to avoid this
- Monitor customer satisfaction through performance and contracting practices. Recommend changes and improvements where required
- Handle on-going issues and change management
- Monitor financial compliance (milestones, deliverables, invoicing etc)
- Oversee Service Level Agreement Compliance
- Ensure contract close-out and successful handover
Key Skills and Qualifications for the Contracts Manager :
- Civil Engineering or other relevant industry qualification
- Management of contracts up to £5m
- Knowledge and understanding of NEC contracts including TSC. Previous experience of other forms of contract is also desirable
- Track record of building key relationships to enable successful project management
- Good communicator at all levels
- Track record of good health, safety and environmental awareness
- Mentoring and development of site-based workforce
- Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook
Benefits for the Contracts Manager :
- Salary of £40-£50k dependant on experience
- 25 days holiday
- bonus scheme
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Danny Wheeler on 01278 254425. The reference for this vacancy is 127793. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to email@example.com.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client.