Abatec is working with one of the country’s largest civil engineering contractors to recruit an Experienced Quantity Surveyor to assist in the delivery of a large heavy civil engineering and earthworks package on Hinkley Point C in Somerset. This role will be based on site and will be of a freelance nature. Abatec's client is looking to recruit for this position quickly so it is advisable to apply now if interested.
Abatec's client is able to offer a highly competitive rate of pay as well as a long term and stable contract with visibility of work for over 2 years!
If you are interested in putting your stamp on to one of the world’s most high profile projects then please get in touch or aaply now.
As Experienced Quantity Surveyor you will:
- Prepare weekly and monthly internal project reports including cash v cost, cost value reconciliations, budgets, forecasts and payments
- Manage the supply chain from enquiry to final account including performance reviews
- Identify, value and present any change items, e.g. variations, CEs, claims and EWNs
- Liaise with the client and ensure client commercial satisfaction
Our client is looking for someone who:
- Has a proven track record within the civil engineering/earthworks/highways industry
- Has a demonstrable track record in the successful delivery of multi million pound highways, civil engineering and/or earthworks schemes
- Has the ability to work and communicate with a team of professionals
- Holds a valid CSCS card and is able to operate standard MS computer software such as Word, Excel and Outlook
- Competitive rate of £350 per day- £400 per day (dependant on experience)
- The chance to be involved in one of the world's most prestigious projects
- A long term opportunity spanning 24 months+
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Ben Knight on 01278 254425. The reference for this vacancy is 127758. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to email@example.com.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment business on behalf of a client.