Abatec is working with one of the country’s largest civil engineering contractors to recruit a Sub Agent to assist in the delivery of a large heavy civils engineering and earthworks package on Hinkley Point C in Somerset. This role will be based on site and will be of a freelance nature. Abatec's client is looking to recruit quickly for this position so it is advisable to apply now if interested.
Abatec's client is able to offer a highly competitive rate of pay as well as a long term and stable contract with visibility of work for over 2 years!
If you are interested in putting your stamp on to one of the world’s most high profile projects then please get in touch or apply now.
As Sub Agent you will:
- Assist with the construction strategy; this includes pre-commencement documentation including method statements, quality and environmental plans, construction programmes, procurement and design deliverable schedules
- Liaise with the Site Agent and Section Foreman in order to allocate labour, materials, plant and temporary works, to ensure activities are carried out to the required standards, programme and budget
- Manage the site engineering team, ensuring the performance and development of Site and Section Engineers meet our clients expectations
- Be responsible for identifying and resolving potential problems arising from technical site issues in liaison with the Agent
Abatec's client is looking for someone with:
- HNC or a degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent
- Knowledge and practical application of Site Engineering activities, along with construction supervisory skills
- CSCS card (Manager's card) SMSTS
- The opportunity to work on one of the world’s most high profile and complex civil engineering projects
- The opportunity to have a long term and stable run of work with one of the world’s most reputable civil engineering companies
- An extremely competitive rate of pay (£265per day- £300 per day depending upon previous experience)
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Ben Knight on 01278 254425. The reference for this vacancy is 127756. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to email@example.com.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment business on behalf of a client.