Abatec are working with a well established Civil Engineering company to recruit a SHEQ Manager on a permanent basis. This will form a key role as the client embarks upon a long term framework at Hinkley Point, specifically aimed at creating some and maintaining all of the built environment that supports the delivery of Europe’s largest construction site.
The SHEQ manager position will be a new role within the company, providing the successful candidate the opportunity to develop the Health & Safety department to ensure that adequate management and training systems are in place, reviewed, maintained and reported on to identify any non-conformities and opportunities for improvement.
Main duties and responsibilities for the SHEQ Manager :
- Development of base-layer RAMS for all standard works to be adapted job-by-job by contracts/site managers
- Monitoring and maintaining the SHEQ management systems
- Maintain certification to ISO 9001:2015 & Sector 16
- Represent the company at external audits/inspections
- Operational audit of main depot and all satellite depots for safety, health, environmental and quality issues
- Operational audit of ongoing jobs for safety, health, environmental and quality issues
- Completion of and assistance with supplier questionnaires/tenders as required
- Ensure all re-active incidents e.g. accidents/incidents/near-misses/complaints are promptly dealt with to identify the root cause and suitable corrective action
- Assisting the HR Manager with the co-ordination of critical medical/health surveillance programmes within the company
- Assisting the HR Manager with the co-ordination of drug and alcohol testing programmes within the company
- Co-ordination of maintenance/contractor activities within the company
- Co-ordination of training matrices, induction and toolbox talk programmes
- Completion of fire logs checks within our depot
- Assisting the HR Manager with the administration of HR processes as required
- Keeping up-to-date with new legislation and best practices in the industry
- Liaising with authorities and external agencies as necessary
- Complying with all Health, Safety, HR and Environmental policies and procedures
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Danny Wheeler on 01278 254425. The reference for this vacancy is 127650. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to email@example.com.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client.